2020 PRODUCT SHOWCASE
SERVPRO of Brainerd and Park Rapids Marketing Manager in the Educational Booth at the MMBA/GLAR at Breezy Point Convention Center.
PRODUCT SHOWCASE 2020
On Thursday, January 30, 2020 SERVPRO of Brainerd and Park Rapids had the pleasure to display and educational booth at the Breezy Point Convention Center.
This Product Showcase was hosted by the Mid-Minnesota Builders Association (MMBA) and the Greater Lakes Association of Realtors (GLAR). This industry specific trade show exhibited the latest and greatest products/services to local builders, remodelers, appraisers, realtors and home inspectors.
SERVPRO's focus at this event was to educate the local contractors on our Emergency Response Time Program.
- (1) - Within one hour from notice of loss, a SERVPRO Franchise Professional will contact the homeowner or business to arrange a service time.
- (2) - Within four hours of loss notification, a SERVPRO Franchise Professional will be on-site to start mitigation services.
- (3) - Also, within eight business of on-site arrival, a verbal briefing of the scope will be communicated to the adjuster.
This response time is designed to remove the fears of homeowners during this stressful time. It is also in place to alleviate and possibility of secondary damage. Having these standards in place also reduces claims loss expense.
If your home or business requires emergency service, don't hesitate to give us a call at 218-568-6923. SERVPRO Professionals will arrive quickly to help you regain control of your structure.
With any leak, IT'S THE WATER YOU DON'T SEE that may cause the most damage.
Slow refrigerator water-line leak, caused extensive damage Pillager, MN
4 Common Causes of Water Damage
Whatever the cause, water damage that occurs to your home in Crow Wing County can be incredibly stressful and costly to deal with. Especially severe cases can damage the structure of your house, completely destroy furniture, ruin personal belongings, and cause mold to grow. The key to avoiding water damage is by ensuring there is no excess water in your home due to leaks, puddles, or too much moisture in the air. Here are four common causes of water damage to be aware so you can prevent them from ever happening in the first place.
1. Plumbing Issues
Issues with your plumbing can cause extreme water damage before you even realize that anything went wrong, which is why prevention is key. Make sure to check your bathrooms and sinks regularly to observe for any leaks, musty smells, or a problem with your toilet. Avoid a major pipe cleanup by replacing old, rusty pipes if you notice any.
2. Appliance Leaks
Watch out for the four appliances that leak the most by checking for leaks, faulty connections, or cracked hoses:
- Washing machine
- Water heater
3. Issues With Your HVAC System
HVAC systems are prone to leaking or freezing due to dirty coils, a broken pipe, or temperature issues. Make sure to perform regular maintenance and inspections on your HVAC and address any concerns before leaving your home on vacation to avoid leaking water in your home while you’re away.
4. Lack of Ventilation
One easy but important way to avoid having to call in a water restoration specialist is to ensure your home is well ventilated. This is especially true in your bathroom. When you take a shower, make sure to turn on your exhaust fan, crack open a window, and leave the door open.
Undiscovered leaks and moisture build-up can cause damage to the floors, walls and ceilings of your home, leading to soft drywall, warped floors and ceilings, or worse problems. This damage may go unnoticed for an extended period of time, proper cleanup is important to the restoration of your property, possibly reducing the cost of repairs needed.
Be Safe with Your Holiday Decorations
Here to Help!
Holiday Lights and Electrical Decorations Safety Tips
Now that Thanksgiving is over, many of us will be decorating our hoes for Christmas. While decorative lights and other electrical decorations add to the magic of the season, they can increase the risks of fire and electrical injuries if not used safely.
- Always purchase electrical decorations and lights from reputable retailers.
- Use lights approved for safe use by a nationally recognized testing laboratory.
- Never connect more than three strands of incandescent lights together.
- Consider purchasing LED lights, which use less energy and run cooler than traditional incandescent lights.
- Before decorating, determine how many outlets are available and where they are located. Plan your displays accordingly.
- Carefully inspect each electrical decoration. Cracked or damaged sockets, loose or bare wires, and loose connections may cause a serious shock or start a fire.
- Follow the manufacturer's use and care instructions that accompany electrical decorations.
- Avoid overloading electrical outlets with too many decorations or electrical devices. They can overheat and cause a fire.
- Make sure that cords are not pinched in doors, windows or under heavy furniture, which could damage the cord's insulation.
- Do not mount or support light strings in a way that might damage the cord's insulation.
- Always unplug electrical decorations before replacing bulbs or fuses.
- Turn off all indoor and outdoor electrical decorations before leaving home or going to sleep.
Remember SERVPRO of Brainer and Park Rapids is Here to Help @ 218-568-6923.
Don't get too Stuffed!!
Be safe this Thanksgiving. Cooking is the leading cause of fires in the home and of fire injuries, so please follow these safety tips:
- Make sure your oven is empty before turning it on.
- Wear short or tight-fitting sleeves when cooking.
- Turn pot handles inward over the stove.
- Remember to "stand by your pan" and stay in the kitchen when boiling, frying or broiling.
- Use a timer when baking or roasting and never leave the house with the oven cooking.
- The best way to respond to a stovetop fire is to "put a lid on it" and turn off the heat.
- The best way to respond to an oven or broiler fire is to keep the doors closed and turn off the heat.
- If the fire is not quickly snuffed out, leave the house and call 911 from outside.
Remember SERVPRO of Brainerd and Park Rapids is always Here to Help at 218-568-6923. Save our phone number to your phone so that you can be Hero Ready if disaster strikes you home or business.
We are "HERE TO HELP"