Be safe this Thanksgiving. Cooking is the leading cause of fires in the home and of fire injuries, so please follow these safety tips:
- Make sure your oven is empty before turning it on.
- Wear short or tight-fitting sleeves when cooking.
- Turn pot handles inward over the stove.
- Remember to "stand by your pan" and stay in the kitchen when boiling, frying or broiling.
- Use a timer when baking or roasting and never leave the house with the oven cooking.
- The best way to respond to a stovetop fire is to "put a lid on it" and turn off the heat.
- The best way to respond to an oven or broiler fire is to keep the doors closed and turn off the heat.
- If the fire is not quickly snuffed out, leave the house and call 911 from outside.
Remember SERVPRO of Brainerd and Park Rapids is always Here to Help at 218-568-6923. Save our phone number to your phone so that you can be Hero Ready if disaster strikes you home or business.
We are "HERE TO HELP"