Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
We are Cleaning Experts
Deep cleaning in process with technician wearing full PPE.
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC's guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today - SERVPRO of Brainerd and Park Rapids, 218-568-6923
Fort Ripley, MN home suffered water loss.
Having a job file process in place can prevent secondary damage.
Water Damage Job File Process:
To maintain consistency, SERVPRO utilizes a system to process your emergency in a timely fashion. This system is designed to record the events of each individual loss and keep documentation for all parties involved.
- SERVPRO First Notice of Loss (FNOL) documents proper identification of the loss which is important for proper preparation of the job, including the appropriate technicians and equipment.
- SERVPRO Authorization to Perform Services must be signed by the customer to signify the official "hiring" of SERVPRO of Brainerd and Park Rapids.
- SERVPRO Customer Information Form - Water Damage provides answers to commonly asked questions and alleviates potential misunderstandings.
- SERVPRO Water Damage Emergency Services Report provides a record of the emergency work done to mitigate the loss.
- SERVPRO Water Damage, Equipment Validation and Drying Report tracks the use of equipment and the drying process.
- SERVPRO Certification of Satisfaction provides written evidence that our customers are pleased with the work we have performed.
This process is in place to assure customers that SERVPRO of Brainerd and Park Rapids is Here to Help.
Giving Back to the Community
Sponsoring Closest to the Pin on a beautiful day, for a great cause.
2019 MMBA Scholarship Golf Tournament
Greetings Participants of the 2019 MMBA Scholarship Golf Tournament,
We would like to sincerely thank you for your involvement in the 28th Annual Mid-Minnesost Builders Association Scholarship Golf Tournament. As an organization, we realize it is with your support that our event is a huge success each and every year.
Our volunteer committee, along with the host facility, works tirelessly each year to make sure that the event is not only great for your networking experience, but is just plain fun!
Special thanks to the emcee of the 2019 Golf Tournament. Kylre Hall (Quality Equipment Sales & Service) helped with welcoming everyone to the event and kept everything flowing before the shot gun start. Margie Goebel (Allegiance Project Services) did a fantastic job with the awards and recognition at dinner. I would also like to thank Colleen Faacks and Tracy Peterson (MMBA Staff) for the excellent job of getting sponsor awareness out there in the world of social media, pre and post tournament exposure. If you have any ideas for improvement, or would like to help on the committee this coming year, please feel free to contact Colleen at the MMBA office.
Once again, we can not emphasize enough how much we appreciate your participation and support of this event and the association. We look forward to seeing you at future tournaments and MMBA events.
Co-Chairs 2019 Golf Tournament: Jim Falconer and Margie Goebel
Committee Members: Jeremy Anderson (Simonson Lumber), Steve Arends (SERVPRO of Brainerd and Park Rapids), Chuck Deutsch (Brainerd Glass, Inc.), Ginger House (Mid Minnesota Federal Credit Union), Linda Hurst (Brainerd Dispatch), Mike Rodahl (Stonehenge Properties, LLC), Joe Sparks (Brainerd Savings and Loan) and Jayme Steele (Weizenegger-Engel Insurance)
Nisswa Chamber of Commerce Ribbon Cutting
Nisswa Members in Action ribbon cutting for J's Woodworking and Brenda's Seasonal Specialties.
J's Woodworking and Brenda's Seasonal Specialties Store
As a member of Nisswa Member's in Action; SERVPRO of Brainerd and Park Rapids was proud to welcome and attend this Nisswa Chamber of Commerce ribbon cutting event.
While being locally owned and operated, SERVPRO also supports other local area businesses. J's Woodworking and Brenda's Seasonal Specialties Store is a welcome addition to the community.
They specialize in hand-crafting bunk beds and furniture, signs, home decor, housewares, apparel, custom embroidery and so much more. They also offer woodworking classes and kids workshops! Check out their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/jopatzwoodworking/ for more information.
They are located at 25486 Murray Road in Nisswa directly behind the A & W and can be reached at 320-407-2775.
While creating custom bunkbeds and furniture with exceptional quality, J's Woodworking also offers DIY classes in a workshop environment. Perfect for those who enjoy crafting but don't have the space. They also host private parties for birthdays, friends weekends, bachelor/bachelorette parties and more.
Brenda's Seasonal Specialties offers embroidery, vinyl printed apparel and a wide variety of baby items. Something for everyone!
SERVPRO of Brainerd and Park Rapids is Here to Help. From Carpets to Catastrophies or supporting local area businesses.
Feel free to call with your needs at 218-568-6923.
When winter weather strikes, we strike back.
Faster to any size disaster
PREPARE YOUR HOME
Tips for Preparing Your Home for Winter Weather
- Keep cabinet doors open during cold spells. This allows warm air to circulate around pipes.
- Keep a slow trickle of water flowing through faucets, especially if the pipes for faucets run through unheated or uninsulated areas of your home.
- Consider shutting off outdoor faucets. Find the shut-off valve in the basement of crawl space and turn it to "off."
- If you follow the previous step, then open the outdoor faucet to help ensure it drains completely and the inner valve is shut off.
- Ensure gutters are clean and secure. Leaves and debris accumulate, causing a damming effect on gutters, which could lead to roof problems and water damage.
- Proper maintenance of your furnace can help reduce the risk of puffbacks.
PREPARE YOUR BUSINESS
Tips for Preparing Your Business for Winter Weather
- Check you business property for downed tree limbs and branches. Weather, such as wind, heavy rain, ice and snow, can cause branches to fall, which could cause damage to the property and potentially cause personal injuries.
- Inspect property, especially walkways and parking lots, for proper drainage to alleviate flood hazard potential.
- Inspect all handrails, stairwells and entryways to address and correct potential slippery or hazardous areas. Install mats or non-slip surfaces and post caution signs where water could be present.
- Ask you local SERVPRO Franchise Professional about starting an Emergency Ready Profile for your business.
Feel free to call us at 218-568-6923. We are here to help.