Recent Storm Damage Posts
Don't Forget to Check for Leaks as a Result of Recent Storms.
SERVPRO of Brainerd and Park Rapids has the equipment and expertise needed to check your home for possible moisture build-up.
The recent storms may be over but don't forget to continue looking for water damage.
Undiscovered leaks and moisture build-up can cause damage to the floors, walls, ceilings, roof trusses, and more.
This can lead to soft dry wall, warped floors, sagging ceilings and worse problems such as mold growth.
Leaks from unrepaired roofs can cause water damage that can go unnoticed for weeks and even months.
Call SERVPRO of Brainerd and Park Rapids at 218-568-6923 to handle cleaning up water damage caused by wind and/or hail to ensure it is done properly.
Don't try to clean it up yourself. This can lead to further damage if the cleanup is not handled properly.
SERVPRO of Brainerd and Park Rapids have trained professionals equipped to provide a full line of cleanup and restoration services to handle water damages caused by recent storm damage to your home or business.
SERVPRO of Brainerd and Park Rapids offers storm damage cleanup and restoration services and has tips on what and what not to do after you have received damage from a storm.
Storms Hit The Brainerd and Park Rapids Areas Hard!
SERVPRO of Brainerd and Park Rapids is ready to help!
Recent storms brought flooding, high winds, and hail to our area. If you experienced water damage from this recent storm you need to call SERVPRO of Brainerd and Park Rapids at 218-568-6923!
We provide immediate service day or night! SERVPRO of Brainerd and Park Rapids provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Cass, Crow Wing, Hubbard, and Wadena counties. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
• 24-Hour Emergency Service
• Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
• Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
• A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
• Locally Owned and Operated
• Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Whether your home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
• Water Damage Restoration
• Fire Damage Restoration
• Mold Remediation
• Storm Damage Restoration
• Cleaning Services
• Commercial Services
• Commercial Water Damage Restoration
• Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
There's never a convenient time for storm damage to strike your commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. For more information, visit our commercial services page on our website.
Spring Showers can Mean Storms and Flooding
When storms and flooding hit, SERVPRO of Brainerd and Park Rapids is ready to help.
When storms or floods hit your home, SERVPRO of Brainerd and Park Rapids is ready!
We have experienced one of the wettest Aprils in recent years bringing with it storms and floods.
Call on the professionals:
SERVPRO of Brainerd and Park Rapids specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Cass, Crow Wing, Hubbard and/or Wadena counties we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams https://www.SERVPRObrainerdandparkrapids.com/disaster-recovery that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 1-218-568-6923
Is Your Family Ready if Severe Weather Should Strike?
Springtime marks the beginning of the severe weather season in Minnesota. Are you prepared?
Are You Ready if Severe Weather Should Strike?
Every April in Minnesota, the National Weather Service in collaboration with the Minnesota Department of Public Safety and its division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management (HSEM) sponsor a Severe Weather Safety Awareness program.
Why do we need to worry about severe weather?
- According to the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, Minnesota experiences an average of 29 tornadoes per year. In 2021, Minnesota recorded 64 tornadoes, including 22 on December 15 alone, which were the latest reported tornadoes on record. A record was set in 2010 with 113 tornadoes touching down across the state. (Information provided by HSEM Weather Safety website.
- Along with tornadoes, spring time in Minnesota is prime time for severe thunderstorms. These thunderstorms can bring with them lightening, hail, straight line winds, and flooding.
How can you prepare for severe weather?
- Have a family emergency plan.
- Make an emergency supply kit.
- Stay informed.
The HSEM Weather Safety website is an excellent resource for making sure you are ready should severe weather hit. This website provides resources on how to prepare for an emergency and what steps you should take to keep you and your family safe.
SERVPRO of Brainerd and Park Rapids has available a Home Emergency Booklet to guide you through developing your family emergency plan. The booklet covers:
- Disaster Preparedness - What You Can Do
- Family Communication Plan
- Emergency Supply Kit Checklist
- Home Evacuation Plan
- Emergency Fire Damage Tips
- Emergency Water Damage Tips (clean water - only)
- Home Contents Claim Inventory
If you should suffer damage from severe weather, don't forget: SERVPRO is faster to any size disaster! Our website will walk you through the steps you need to take to get your home back to looking like the storm damage never happened.
Don't Let a Storm Slow You Down, near Longville, MN
Drying, cleaning and sanitizing after a storm affected this property.
Specific steps are taken to minimize property destruction, prevent additional damage and to restore your home or business to its pre-damage state.
- Inspection: A thorough inspection is completed to inspect your home or business to determine the extent of damage incurred. Each inspection defines the class and category of water damage and helps outline the most effective way to restore your property.
- Water Removal: This is an important step in preventing further damage from occurring in your home or business. While using our advanced equipment we will also remove any carpeting, furniture and other items from the structure so they can be dried and cleaned. We will also inventory and haul away any unsalvageable items due to excessive damage.
- Structural Drying: After water removal is complete our technicians will place our advanced equipment throughout the property and monitor the dry down process.
- Cleaning and Odor Removal: Special cleaners and disinfectants will be used to sanitize affected areas. This removes all odors and leave only a fresh light scent behind.
- Restoration: After the drying, cleaning and sanitizing have been completed, the repair or reconstruction work can begin. This process may mean roof repair, rebuilding walls and floors, painting and in some cases, re-tiling.
Preventing Mold After a Storm
A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
When water enters your home after a storm, you will have more than a few things to worry about. First, you want to make sure everyone in the home is safe and you've addressed the entry point of the water. Any standing water should be quickly removed and for this you may want to consult with your water mitigation company in Nisswa, MN.
When things settle down you should turn your attention to possible mold growth. Unexpected water from any source in your home creates good conditions for mold to proliferate. Mold can appear quickly, in as little as 48-72 hours after a leak or flood.
The facts About Mold
A better understanding of mold growth can be helpful when dealing with it. Here are a few basic facts about mold:
- It is naturally occurring and is present just about everywhere
- It is made up of microscopic spores
- Mold spores thrive in moist conditions such as when standing water is present
- Mold often produces a musty odor
- It is unlikely to grow in rooms under 45% humidity
The control of mold in your home is important because it produces allergens that can be an irritant to health. One of the keys to mold control is to eliminate excessive moisture in the home.
The Myths About Mold
Mold is a fungus and not a bacteria. Since it is naturally in the air and the soil it is really impossible to achieve complete mold removal. It will always be present in your home in small amounts, but will be unlikely to cause problems so long as moisture is controlled.
Mold can be contained with specific treatments and colonies can be removed through the use of antifungal and antimicrobial products. Contents such as clothes and furniture can also be cleaned and sanitized with the proper measures. Fortunately, you can contain mold growth even after a storm that brings water into your home.
Flash Flooding Overwhelm's Sump Pump in McGregor, MN
Standing water at back door of house after recent flash flooding.
Know types of flood risk in your area. Visit FEMA’s Flood Map Service Center for information.
Sign up for your community’s warning system. The Emergency Alert System (EAS) and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Weather Radio also provide emergency alerts.
If flash flooding is a risk in your location, then monitor potential signs, such as heavy rain.
Learn and practice evacuation routes, shelter plans, and flash flood response.
Gather supplies in case you have to leave immediately, or if services are cut off. Keep in mind each person’s specific needs, including medication. Don’t forget the needs of pets. Obtain extra batteries and charging devices for phones and other critical equipment.
Purchase or renew a flood insurance policy. It typically takes up to 30 days for a policy to go into effect and can protect the life you've built. Homeowner’s policies do not cover flooding. Get flood coverage under the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
Keep important documents in a waterproof container. Create password-protected digital copies.
Protect your property. Move valuables to higher levels. Declutter drains and gutters. Install check valves. Consider a sump pump with a battery.
Information provided found at https://www.ready.gov/floods
Spring floods require planning.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
SERVPRO of Brainerd and Park Rapids is available 24 hours a day for storm and water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. Whether flooding or burst pipe, a delay of just a few hours cam greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We are Here to Help
Call Today - 218-568-6923
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Brainerd and Park Rapids has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water and storm damage restoration - in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if Known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
We are ready to help, so call us today!